Saturday, March 31, 2012

The First Week at the MTC

                                                                                                                                                                March  28, 2012
HI Mom and Pop
 I love you guys so much! I am loving the work! I sent you a letter on Wednesday talking about my first day! Elder Rutland and I have been called to serve as zone leaders for the three weeks that we are here. Our job is to watch over the 4 districts in our branch. This first week has been amazing! Every day I feel my testimony of Jesus Christ grow. We have had many opportunities to teach some investigators and learn how to help them come unto Christ. At the moment we have Chet, Kim, Arnold, Nell & Bob and I have Mike. I love all of them! I have made some really good friends here. We have some very cute sisters in our district but that is not my focus. I know that if we put our faith in Christ, he will guide us to the people who will be ready to receive the gospel.
 In answer to your letters, I am so excited for you guys to serve along side of me and have some of the same experiences as I do. It has been really weird getting used to having a constant companion with me but it will be ok. On Sunday we had sacrament meeting. We were all asked to prepare a 3-5 min talk on the Holy Ghost because we could be called up randomly to share. I was lucky enough to not have to talk, but I did feel the spirit so strong. I took 2 and a half pages of notes in there. Then we had a fireside about our purpose as a missionary which is to "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel  through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. The stressed that first we have to convert ourselves then we will be able to convert others. Then we had a devotional last night by Elder Eduardo Garavett from the Seventy. His talk was very good. We were taught more about our purpose.
We had an amazing time at the temple today. I feel kind of at home when I am there because the Provo temple is very similar to the Jordan River. Tell Bishop that I am doing great.
 I am loving the work so much!!! Tell the family that I love them so very much and that you all are in my prayers. I am glad that the guys keep coming over to use the cave to bring you some joy. Don't miss me too much! I am in the lords hands.
 I know that Christ is my Savior. I know that the church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I am so excited to get out of here on the 10th of April and serve the people in New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Love your son,

Elder Colton John  Plouzek

1 comment:

  1. Colton, you probably won't see my comments until you are home, but I'm here, watching and listening and praying and hoping and loving. (P.S. This was a FABULOUS letter home. Good job! :))

    ReplyDelete