Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 18, 2012

                                                                                                                                   April 18, 2012
I love you!!! I am loving being here in New York!!! I love the people and my companion!!! This last week has been a real eye opener for me of how nice people can be to you even if they want nothing to do with the church which I never thought was possible. We have done a lot of tracking this first week and I see a lot more in my future. We have one sister that is preparing to be baptized on May 20th which is very exciting!!! Elder Knuth and I are getting along very well. We joke around a lot. The ward here is really nice and loving to me right from the start. On Monday we had a dinner appointment with a member. She is crazy but really funny! She is covered in tattoos and each one of them represents a miscarriage that she had. When she first heard that I was from Utah she thought that I was going to be a very naive and boring person, but I passed the test and I am one of her favorite people already. Today we went to Woodstock and went on a hike! It was so much fun!!! At the top we were able to see the whole county that we serve in. There was this really old building that was there that was just the frame work now. There was also a fire tower that was really cool to look off of. The hike was 2.5 miles one way. I was surprised that I could do it :) I also got to go inside of a Buddhist monastery. It was really pretty but there was no spirit there, which made me sad.
I am really loving the work and have a lot to do to find people, but at the same time I know that it will be worth it!
I know that we are part of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ here upon the earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and that it is true. I know that through the atonement we can be forgiven of all our sins and one day return to live with our Father in heaven again. I know that this work is what I am supposed to be doing right now. I Love my Savior
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen
Elder Colton John Plouzek

No comments:

Post a Comment